Why Is It Never Me?

Verse 1:
Dreams dashed
In a second they were smashed
Hopes gone
Taking everything I’ve got
You don’t need this
Not more than me
But you took it
Away from me
You hypocrite
How did it end this way?

Chorus:
You said you are my friend
Then show me that you can
Stop stealing all of my moments
That’ll make me who I am
Don’t say that it is up to chance

I’ve worked too hard for this
Why am I clearly missed
I’m always second
Never once held gold in my hand
Don’t say it is all happenstance

Verse 2:
Don’t start
Giving me your honeyed words
You think
I’m blind to all your faults
The vote was mine
Yet you won by far
How is it that
You win every bar
Impossible
I will not lose to you

Rachel:
Don’t you see that I
Am always on your side
Please don’t you doubt for once

Qian Ying:
Why is it never me
But perfect Rachel Lee
Is it so hard to want more
Than I can ever be
Don’t say that it is hard to believe

Why is it never me
But perfect Rachel Lee
Is it so hard to want more
Than I can ever be
Don’t say that it is hard to believe



Song from "I Have A Lot" production...

Indeed, "you say you are my friend. Then show me that you can stop stealing all of my moments that make me who I am. Dont say it is up to chance." I know people dont do this on purpose, but the threat of rivalry... why am i so dependent on these things?
and sometimes i've worked so hard, but why am i clearly missed and not seen. I feel that i'm always second, never once held gold in my hand, in nearly everything i do. Sometimes i'm not even that close to second.
Why is it never me, but always perfect so-and-so? Is it really so hard to want more than i can ever be? Why cant there be just one... just ONE area that i can really excel in and say that's my strength? sigh. Is there always have to be someone who'll beat me and earn the attention of everyone? I dont even ask for much.. do i? but.. as the chinese proverb goes... "there'll always be someone better than you." So, do i cease to become anyone important? back in PHS i was nearly there, but came in second, becoz someone else won the hearts of everyone. Perfect friend of mine. Here now, i dont bother, becoz the hard truth of reality have sunk. But that doesnt stop me from wishing... wishing... sigh.

Maybe I'm as blind as Qian Ning is.... I need 'uncle' to help me. I need to be reminded who holds my hand... ...

No comments: