I feel so free now! The tension is over! Yes! The project, which i mentioned earlier, is known as the YES! Challenge. It is a yearly entrepreneur competition between schools in Singapore. The presentation was held yesterday, 13th August.
So, for the past 3 days, especially on Friday, we were rushing through everything. There was so much last minute preparation to be done. Friday was the most stressful day for my group. We spent the whole afternoon working on the PowerPoint, and later in the evening on our script. But the worst was that we couldn't send anything to each other. *Actually, is we cannot receive ANYTHING from our group leader, and we needed to view the final PowerPoint, and to prepare our script too. All of us stayed up till about 11pm-12am, but the group leader and i stayed up till about 2am, still trying to send each other stuffs but to no avail. We were FRUSTRATED and stressed out!
But thank God, we were still able to prepare our script in time, and everything carried out quite smoothly during our presentation. I was actually quite surprised and would like to thank Jehovah-Shalom for such a peace when it was time for us to present to the 3 judges. Although we were still a little nervous, we were very calm and peaceful compared to our feelings and emotions while waiting for our turn. Though we were not very prepared nor very confident, I'll say we did quite a good job in our presentation.
Well, we did not make it into the semi-finals. Actually, I don't know whether i am sad or happy about it. I'm disappointed that our hard work account to nothing, yet i am glad that it is all over, and we do not need to present again in the semi-finals. Maybe God thinks that we are not ready yet. But I am thankful that at least we had done our best, and the presentation was carried out quite smoothly by the grace of God. That we did not get so frighten and tense up that we make errors.
I am quite disappointed though, that our teacher was not very supportive of us. She said that we were most likely the only Secondary 2s there, while the rest were Secondary 3, and she put us in just to let us have a feel of it. It is like she has this mindset that we will definitely not win/qualify. I was quite envious at the other groups when I see their teachers helping them and supporting them, giving them advices and encouraging them. Even though our teacher did help us, I wish that she had actually helped us whole-heartedly and guided us all the way. Maybe we would have done better.
She seemed to have looked down on us because we are Secondary 2s. I know that we are not very good, but I feel that since she has signed us up for it, she should have helped us as much as she can.
I am just glad the whole thing is over as it is a worry off my mind. I would like to thank everyone who had helped me in one way or another, especially by taking the surveys.
No comments:
Post a Comment