Many of you may have known about this concert, seeing that I emailed everyone i know as well as posted it on my blog... now i am going to tell you briefly what happened, though I apologise for being unable to describe it well as the feeling and the greatness is too powerful to describe.
It was really flooding, the church I mean. By 4pm sharp, the crowd was already over flowing the 4th floor auditorium + its gallery + its corridors and filling up the chapel.
The concert opened with this cool, hip hop/rock kinda song, praising God, with a young energetic bunch of teenagers doing some kind of hip hop dance... followed by the announcements, and...
***drum roll***cymbals crash***
the appearing of the doctor himself, Doctor Luke who 'wrote' the book of 'Luke' in the bible. For those who dont know, Doctor Luke was none other than our Senior Pastor himself. In TCC, Senior Pastor is like the overseer (though of course God is still the grand & highest overseer) of the whole church... like S'pore with its Prime Minister/President. Not easy having to somehow preach a little and act... must had taken quite some effort.Anyway, he introduced 'himself' - as his role, Luke - and talked about the miracles he had seen... a short clip was screened too, of people receiving miraculous healing in other countries which the pastors visited these past few years... and he called for those who wanted healing. After some prayer, some ppl who acknowledged the healing call & was prayed shared how they came into the event with some kinda pain and now is gone. Whether it's true or not, it is up to you to trust and believe.
Then comes the multimedia effects and the great drama... We had mainly the part of the gospel of Luke: on... ...
~Zacchaeus: the tax collector/ the cheat/ the shorty that everyone hated. I shall not describe the whole scenario... but doctor Luke "interviewed" Zacchaeus, how he felt and everything... it was so so touching and the actor for Zacchaeus acted real well, his facial expressions were so earnest and so real...
Luke 19
~"Who do You Say I Am?" - Jesus asking the disciples what do people say he is and who do they think he is... it had some great singing... like opera but 1000X nicer... to me anyway(i just cant appreciate chinese opera kinda songs)
Luke 9
~"The Last Supper": the breaking of bread in remembrance of his body and the wine in remembrance of his blood...
Luke 22
~Jesus praying at Mt Olives: where he singingly wept bitterly, sorrowfully, asking Hid heavenly Father for strength to do what He was called for, crucification for the atonement of sins... It really pierced my heart as my heart went out to the Lord, the agony was so felt... the agony that Jesus faced that night, where all his disciples were also asleeped though He wanted their companion.
*tearsflow* Luke 22
~Jesus being taken away: Judas betrayed Jesus, Jesus was taken away and the disciples flee...
Luke 22
~Simon watching the crucifixion of Jesus: this is the part where i really got touched
*tears streamed down my face*
Simon, not Jesus disciple, but the guy who helped Jesus carry His cross to the calvary... he was singing all the way... and the words really touched my heart. I just cant describe the situation.
Luke 23
And Doctor Luke continuing the story... he was all along part of the whole story, 'weaving' in and out of the few scenarios I mentioned above. When the altar calls were made, I praised God for the salvations and rededications... for indeed his mighty presence has swept though many hearts, including Christians like me... who can do with a renewed touch from God ( that i received).
Am very Glad that my friend took the courage and went for rededication. Praise the Lord!
I apologise for badly describing this event. It is really a GREAT event, and I am definitely not regreting going. The touch of God was really so strong and real... NO! Really, I mean it. I am not exaggerating. His presence was so powerful.
This had been my BEST Easter concert. I went for the past few years' ones, but none was so meaningful to me. I praise the Lord for this window of opportunity for me to also go for this concert and receive a touch from Him.
All credits to ... ...
~Trinity Christian Centre: the organising committee
Good job with the whole layout and approach. I like it, something different and exciting.
~Cast, who did a fantastic job... the acting were Superb!
~Crew, who did well in the timing of the different multimedia effects to blend into the whole presentation, that they carried out the technical things well without flaw
~Trinitarians, who prayed and gave out flyers, and invited and persisted in their invitation
~"Doctor Luke", who not only presented some important things in a great way, but also had to act and remember his lines as well.
~ All our visitors , who made this event worthwhile. Because you came, giving the people involved strength and encouragement. Giving us the assurance that the event was not done in vain.
For those who went for this concert, I want to say a BIG THANK YOU for coming. I hoped that you were touched by God in an exciting way.
No comments:
Post a Comment