School

Today, Ms Lim recognised what everyone had done for Honours Night 07, including lin & me, and asked us to stand in front of e whole school, which we did. I told lin later, "Now every teacher in PHS will know 'why' we dint finish our homework." haha... meant as a joke. XD

today, I happened to passed by, saw Mrs B. at work at the board. Said hi and she asked me to help. Not willing to say "No" to a familiar teacher who i know quite well, and thus helped her out. Several teachers passed by, asked what I was doing (mainly those who knows me - cant really figure out how come so many teachers know me. Someone pls tell me!!). When Ms K. saw what I was doing, she wasnt happy. Commented that I should be focusing on my studies instead of doing such things. She said I should tell any teachers who approached me, that I have to prepare for my 'O's, and dont get involve in anything else, if not she shall tell all the teachers not to 'touch' me. =)

i guess i should really really concentrate on my studies and learn to say no! But sometimes it's just so hard to say "No". I see the lives of teachers, i 'feel' for them... sometimes they just need help. They are working so so hard. They are only human after all... sigh... i just dont have the heart to reject them, unless I know that they can easily get someone else to help. *sigh*

Today, I said hi to Mr N. then he asked me how was my prep for 'O's... i frankly told him that i actually havent really started. He was shocked & said that i should be planning my time now, get out a timetable. I said, "Cher, i can spend hours planning a timetable but I cant carried it out."
He said, "Because you are too detailed right?"
I laughed and I can feel my face going red, becoz... well... i guess that's the truth. I plan like from this time to this time do this, that time to that time do something else, and it is just so so hard to follow.
Mr N. gave a suggesstion for revision, plan on 1 day to study 1 or 2 subjects. Dont need to set the time, but whenever throughout that day, just focus on that two subjects. And he even said that if this doesnt work, he'll try to brainstorm for me another method.
I am really grateful to hear that, of a teacher's concern to his pupils. It was really encouraging that there is teacher(s) out there who is concerned and is willing to help. Teachers mean a lot to me, especially through my secondary school life. Mr N. aint the only teacher who impacted my life and encouraged me on so. There are several others. I am grateful to God for the different teachers he put in my life...

Which made me wonder... can a teacher and student really be friends??? As in real friends, not just a teacher-student relationship. If they are just my teachers, and nothing more, when I leave PHS, it's like good-byes for good. I really wish that some teachers can really consider me to be more than just a student in this school, but on a closer term, like a friend... But is this really possible? Will teachers really think like this?? I really really wish to be 'friends' with Ms C (x2), Ms S, Ms L, Mrs L, Mr C (x2), Mr N, and Mr W. But can this really happen?? Though a teacher mentioned that I'm like a friend (not that i think he's lying), but can that really be possible? Can a teacher really treat a student like a friend (of course, due respect still to be given to them)?? i wonder.... and i really wish to have them more than just my teachers, my mentors, but as my friends, people who I will still keep in touch in years to come. hopefully...


*thinking, pondering, wondering, questioning... gears in mind turning & spinning... ...

No comments: