Deepavali ~ Public Hols!!!

Yesterday was a public holiday in lieu of Deepavali. While the Hindus celebrate Deepavali... i also enjoyed this holiday... Guess what I did...

I SPENT THE ENTIRE DAY AT THE LIBRARY!!!! Sorting Books, Arranging Books, Cleaning Shelves, Recording the Book Titles...

From morning to late afternoon, my entire family besides my dad was packing the library cupboards/areas. First, my mom catergorised her library, then my sis and I arrange them, wipe them a little (coz they're little dusty), put them on the shelves, and I typed down their titles. While my brother ownself sort out his small library shelf.

Then, my sis & i went to pack our libraries, but got distracted and ended up packing the shelves of the brown cupboard, which is very messy and holds the dictionaries and some chinese books. After rearranging, getting rid of some unneccessary stuffs, cleaning the shelves, and shelving everything back in...there was so much empty space, to both us girls benefit.
So we made a corner for all chinese books, happily putting our own chinese books together in that brown cupboard, to make space for our new books. =D

Then... BREAK!!! MAKAN TIME!!!
HOME-COOKED 'HOKKIEN MEE'!!! YUM!!! *stomach growls and rumbles*

Then back to packing... FINALLY!!! our own libraries... now slightly more space coz we cleared the few chinese books we had...
After clearing some more things, we packed, pondered on how to rearranging our books to accommadate the increased number of our collection of books, wiped the shelves, arranged and rearranged our books, and shelve them. For myself, I also typed down the book titles.

Seeing all the books, so many and so enjoyable... i looked back and thanked God. Most of the books I see in front of me, are passed down from people, given to me, or bought at very low prices at sales or bookfairs/funfairs,etc.
Indeed I am Blessed by the Love and Generousity and the Providence of my Lord. Praise the Lord! All Praise and Thanksgiving to my Heavenly Father who gives generously to His Children, out of the everlasting, overflowing love for us.

Well, at about 5.10pm we left home as a family to exercise, coz dad complains we are all getting fat =) and are not exercising... so he wanted a family let's-go-out-and-exercise time. So we walked from Bishan all the way to AMK Hub, then in AMK Hub, explore the place and look-see look-see, walk and walk and walk, and later walked all the way home too. by the time we reached home to makan our dinner, it was about 8.20pm... wow! a 3 hour walk.

Then we watch GTO!!!!! GREAT TEACHER ONIZUKA!!!
Japanese show... very nice! XD

wow... what a way to spend a public holiday as a family, isnt it?! Whole day pack pack pack, books books books, then 3hours walk walk walk, then after that watch watch watch Television. =D I enjoyed every moment. :)

No comments: