Hurts, disappointments, discouragement. Not just from 1-2sources, but several, especially from the very close. There are seasons in life. When a season has or is ending, then maybe it's time to let go. After all, no one owes me anything. Give, take or receive. If I give but others don't wanna take, there's little I can do. If you're someone important to me/you mean much to me, then I'll persist in trying, not easily giving up; i'll keep giving, even if you dont want to give me anything in return, even if you dont wanna take sometimes.

But if you rather take from someone else, and give to someone else; if you reject the gift i'm offering, time & again, I wont hold on so tightly. After all, you have someone whom you give and take from, that's important. An all give but no take status is very very difficult, but somewhat survivable. An all give but rejected, and instead giving and taking from someone else, then it's at the thin margin of hopelessness. The status I wont mind is one of receiving, where you offer first to me, before I make a move/offer;where you're giving to me, and i'm receiving, and then giving back to you. It's more than just me taking and giving, because receiving is acknowledging you as the kind sender.

To give (to others), to take (back from others), or to receive (1st from others)... how much of each can I truly have? Sometimes I feel like the all-giving end, the unappreciated and taken for granted at times one. Some take but dont give back. Maybe i've not been a good-taker/receiver. Maybe I have too high expectations. Maybe I'm just an ungrateful brat taking so many things for granted.

No comments: