As I've said, God chooses to work through "flesh suits," through flawed, fragile human beings, for reasons the Creator of the universe only knows... He continues to use us, despite our mistakes. And we continue to want to be used. We keep being drawn to places beyond our own backyards, beyond our own insecurities and our fears, beyond sights that can raise our own questions about our faith, and about God and humanity...
I also talked to hundreds of people I would never see again, only a passing witness to so many unforgettable moments touched by God's grace. That is the best and the worst of this special work. For "flesh suits" who naturally crave knowing any story's end, such brief encounters are often difficult. But they keep our motives pure.
We are there just to love those in our path for the life in them, caring compassionately in the moment - because moments are all we really have.
[God@Ground Zero]
If only I knew about this last line... maybe then I would have not complicated so many of my relationships with pple, to just love them for that moment, knowing to let them go when it's time to move on, and not crave to know the end. sigh. easier said than done. an important truth not commonly known, but when heard, makes sense.
No comments:
Post a Comment