The atmosphere was indescribable. I can just feel the presence of the Lord so strongly in our midst as we praised and worshipped Him. I felt such a great joy, and a sense of freedom and peace. All problems, troubles and burdens were just lifted up and forgotten for that moment. Nothing mattered and there was just nothing on my mind distracting me as I just praised and worshipped Him. His presence was so evident in our midst.
The message was powerful too, by a guest speaker, 'Sir G'. 'Sir G' shared with us a little about his own life, how he was at our age, a young Christian. He shared with us what is EXTRAVAGANT WORSHIP. It was good and the word just spoke so deeply into my heart. It made me reflect and remind myself that my worship is for the Lord and the Lord alone, not for anyone else, definitely not for men. Only the Lord deserves my worship.
Worship is not just singing, as many thinks it is. NO! Worship also means giving, reading His Word, spending time with Him, praying, etc. One thing that touches me is that God VALUES my Presence. He does not want me to be distracted and be somewhere else, but to be with Him as He values my presence.
I just love singing unto the Lord. I don't know why, but it fills you with such overflowing joy and all your troubles are just lifted up. I feel so carefree! I wish those who take drugs, sniff glue, take up drinking because they want to feel "high", can come to one of our youth services and join in the worship. If only they knew the Lord of Peace and Joy, and come worshipping Him. I tell you they'll feel so "high" when the Lord pours His overflowing love into them that they will NEVER want to go back to those bad habits again.
For... ...
The Joy of the Lord is my Strength! Hallelujah!
No comments:
Post a Comment