Catching them mating, being mobilised, is a very rare sight. So when I saw them, i was very excited. I wanted to catch them on camera. So my mom told me to pluck off the stem they were standing on and carry it home. When I brought it home, we immediately took the camera and starting taking pictures.
Later, i wanted to take them back downstairs to where I had found them but my dad told me to just put them on the chilli plant we have outside our apartment. So that was what I did. Then, I stood there and observe them for a while.
I noticed that one of the butterflies started leading the another, trying to find a comfortable place. Try imagining the duo walking around with their ends stuck together. The leader was practically dragging its mate. But there was just something special about it. I noticed that the follower just let its mate take it wherever it wanted to go. It did not resist or try to make its mate go another direction but just submissively let itself be lead. It didnt even know where it was being lead to.
That was just simple, pure faith!!! It has such simple faith and believed in its mate that it would not lead them into trouble or danger. You might say it is because it didnt have a choice as they were stuck together. But i say "NO!" The follower could define the leader and try to force its way the other direction. It could try to force the leader into another direction and go where it wanted to go. However, it chose to be obedient, submissive, to have faith in its mate and follow.
We can learn a big lesson from this pair of butterflies. We Christians are like this butterfly couple. We are one in Christ, like being "attached" to Him, like the pair of mating butterflies. We should carry ourselves with obedience, submission, and faith. He is our leader, and being His followers we should trust Him. We need to follow Him and not question Him although we do not know where He is leading us. We need to trust Him that He would protect us and not lead us to paths of danger. Like what it says in Jeremiah 29:11 He has a prosperous plan for us.
If even something as small as a butterfly have such a faith, why do we doubt?! All that is needed is to have simple faith on the Lord Jesus Christ, who is our finisher and perfector of faith.
Here are some pictures i took on the butterfly couple:

This is a picture of the couple on my arm. See how tiny they are!!!

The couple on the stem. That was where i found them.
1 comment:
hey rach!
I think this is a really reflective piece. What you got out of seeing the butterflies really blessed me as well (: Keep writing and glorifying His name with your blog!
love lots,
your cousin
Post a Comment