Hi everyone, just to share how God has been so great to me, as He always was.
Remembering the Faith Promise two Saturdays back, we were told that as we give
God will provide. Maybe for us students who don’t earn, this is harder for us to comprehend, well… at least for me.
Well, God reminded me that He blesses His children who are faithful, who obeys Him. On that very Saturday itself, it was the first week of Trinity’s Bazaar. Initially, my siblings and I wanted to go back for dinner, but in the end decided to join my uncle at the Meeting Place. Well we were making our way out of church, when we caught sight of the games stall “Marble Madness”. For fun and to contribute, after some practices I decided to play, meaning I pay to play… I tied with the top scorer for that day.
I was elated. It isn’t easy picking marbles with chopsticks. Praise the Lord, He blessed me with the second prize, a remote controlled sports car, I think.
The next day, I came back to help out at the Bazaar. I tried just one game at the same stall and got the top score for that day, but even better, I topped for that entire weekend, beating my own previous score and the previous day top scorer too. But since I already took home a prize on Saturday, I felt that I should leave the prize to someone else, after all the 1st prize that day was quite similar to the 2nd prize which I won the day before. So I told the gamekeeper that I am giving up the 1st prize. One thing that I admired at their stall was the 1st prize on Saturday, a Galileo Thermometer, which they were selling on Sunday and was not up as a prize.
On Monday, two days after Vision Rally, I came home after school and my sister told me that the Marble Madness committee called and said they wanted to give me the Galileo Thermometer, as a reward for my determination and enthusiasm in patronizing their stall. Indeed God knows the desire of His people… I didn’t even ask Him for it yet I really receive it last Saturday. If it is not from God then where did this miracle come from? Who would give an item that cost about $75 to someone who came to your stall to play a game, a stranger whom you met at a game???
At that time, God spoke to me saying that when waiting to see God’s blessings fulfil as I pledge/promise to give unto the Lord, don’t just look for financial blessings in money form. God can and does bless us though different ways too, like the car and the thermometer for example.
Just to proclaim God’s goodness a little more, I was greatly blessed this week, twice! My teacher treated my whole class to Swenson’s on Tuesday, and I actually supposed to have lessons after school. I would definitely go for my lessons and skip the treat, though I would really really wished to go. Well, Praise the Lord, in the end, the lesson was cancelled and I could go for the treat, and at the same time had a great time of fellowship with my classmates.
Additionally, Yesterday, I went to watch the musical “The Forbidden City” at the Esplanade at a very very cheap price and moreover, get to sit at the stall, quite a good seating. It was like more than 90% subsidised. Praise the Lord. We got the news that school is subsiding for this musical last Wednesday, and were told to give our replies by Friday. 17 from my class confirmed on that day, while more confirmed on Thursday and I was one of them. To our utmost horror, my teacher handed the list late and those who confirmed on Thursday had no tickets. Only the 17 who said they wanted to go on Wednesday got it. Praise the Lord. Some of them were willing to give up their tickets and in the end, I was able to go for my 1st musical and enjoyed it tremendously. Praise the Lord how He knows our hearts and desires and bless us abundantly.
Never be discouraged, for God indeed will bless you. You just have to wait and open your eyes AND heart to see His richness pouring into your life.
wont be blogging for some time becoz of coming exams.... see ya after the exams! =D
No comments:
Post a Comment