Initially, it was very very messy and disorganised... we werent doing a fantastic job, and i felt that our overall IC did not inform us and discuss with us well enough about the procedure... we got scolded by our teacher and the day just didnt seemed to start out well.
To make matters worse, on the way to Fort Canning Park, where we were to have our trail, the UG which the planning IC was leading went to Macs for breakfast. Well, that wasnt nice as there were also people in the other UGs who didnt have their breakfast and they made us wait for them for quite a while. That caused a huge stirring amongst the other leaders including myself and ill feelings. We were emotionally having a huge thunderstorm with thunder and lightnings.
However, 3 of our moods soon took a flip as we temporarily forget the incident and enjoy ourselves by catching groups. We will usually stop a group we meet and say, " Did we tell you that when you meet your game masters, you are supposed to do a group cheer or a song?" Then they will reply with a NO!
But too bad they still had to do it or penalised with loss of points. Points will be given based on effort, teamwork, and creativity/interestingness.
We did this to make the trail more interesting instead of just going around and finding answers. However, not all groups welcomed us and some gave boring *Yawnn...* songs. Yet, we were moved and amused by some groups who really gave a great performance. Especially one very impressive group, who was later awarded the "Most Enthusiastic Group" Award.
Back to school - one casualty, my own UG junior =( Seemed to be very bad, we were rather concerned
YES! Finally managed to get the advice of the teacher Mr. 'N' and he gave the all clear sign and say that my proposal was okay. The only thing he was worried was the response of Mrs 'B' who I was planning to propose a suggestion to after school if I could find her. However I was not afraid of that but rather whether my proposal was reasonable and alright, not too far-fetched and stupid. I should have taken his note of warning into deep consideration.
Going back late for lessons due to attending to my injured junior, me and my friend expected a lecture/scolding from my teacher. Phew! They were watching a sh0w and had already 'finished' their lesson and the teacher didnt scold.
Staying back in school to complete the logo making competition, and helping to collect any donations for "Fly your Love to Cambodia" campaign that my UG organised... i looked for the opportunity to catch Mrs. 'B' who was an extremely busy teacher. I dillied-dallied in school and hang out with my friends till quite late, occasionally dropping by to check if Mrs. 'B' had finished her unpredictable teachers meeting.
Just after 6pm, when I had given up on waiting and just decided to go home, i met another friend who just finished her CCA activity and said that she just saw the person who i waited the whole afternoon for, Mrs. 'B' . I was elated at finding her and we talked for about an hour... However, as i was trying to propose an idea to her and tell her what i reflected, the flaws and suggestion, she ended up making 10 points out of each point i make and kept cutting me off.
Somehow the discussion did not go as well as i had intended it to be and finally saw sense in the worry and concern of Mr. 'N' . Sigh... now i am in the loss of what to do. Instead of me giving my suggestion to improve our system, she ended up giving me more tasks and i am now not sure what to do, how to get about doing it and who to turn for help becoz i suddenly cant seem to ask Mr 'N' for advice. I sensed that he does not wish to get himself involve in it again as he once was.
It was raining when we closed the discussion and i left school past 7pm. At the bus stop, after the lethargic and hungry me had waited 5 minutes for the bus, the bus finally came, but someone asked me for a favour - to shelter her across the road.
We just missed the traffic light and had to wait for the next, and after i brought her across, I had to yet again wait for the next traffic light, and later more than 10 minutes for the next available bus that could send me home.... ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......................................
Things to thank God for:
*Good weather
*Good/fun time for the 3 of us game masters going around stopping groups
*Opportunity to ask the advice of Mr 'N'
*Opportunity to talk to the ever busy Mrs. 'B'
*Some people donated to "Fly Your Love To Cambodia"
*Not many casualties, only 1... though seemed a little serious
I was kinda very stressed yesterday, feeling at my wit's end, with no one to turn to... and i remembered this wonderful song... the chorus goes like this:
I need you Jesus
Come to my rescue
Where else can I go
There's no other name by
Which I am saved
Captured me with grace
I will follow you, I will follow you.
No comments:
Post a Comment