Indeed, foolish me has taken so many things for granted. Had always wandered why people are often taking things for granted... little did i know that all these years, i had changed too, and have been taking much things for granted. How much more blessed i really am compared to the many out there who have lesser than i have (not just in monetary terms wise) and yet some of them appreciate what little they have, what more the much i have in my hands.
How could i have been so blind to the blessings God has given me? How could i have pushed aside my blessings and just focus on what i lack, so much so that what i have seemed to have diminished when in fact what i have is more than what i lack?
To think it would have to be a disney film, watching the misfortune of others to wake me up from this silly stupor of mine. Hunchback of Notre Dame. Quasimodo was in much much worse state and situation i can ever be in. He really truly lacked looks, lacked acceptance, lacked friends (if u dont count the 3 can-turn-into-rock-anytime characters), lacked freedom, and lacked purpose in his life. What about me? How much worse can i be? Yet, i'm currently poorer than him when it comes to outlook to life.
He could have all reasons to believe miracles won't happen. He had all reasons to want to shun the world and not try. But he did. And miracles happen. He tried, even though there's hardly a slim chance of success. And he did it.
What about me then? True, i may not think i have much very very close friends, but how could i neglect the friends around me who care? I have a family who's close and dear. I have the family of God whom if i really need to, i can fall back on. I have food, possessions, and health. I am not in real lack, though sometimes i feel as if i do. and most importantly, i have a friend and guidance, closer than no other, that even if the world fails he will always open his arms for me; he is always beside me, even if i cant see him, hear him, or touch him.
have i really neglected all these? Oh, foolish girl! how could you be so blind!
If Quasimodo knows how to appreciate the little that he has and find joy and contentment, then so should I. If Quasimodo can in his miserable situation find hope and make an effort to find joy, why not I?
Lord, thank you for opening my eyes to see the blessings you have given me. Thank you for taking away my blindness that has caused me to hurt others and myself. Lord, teach me to indeed appreciate what you have given me, and not to take things for granted anymore. I don't know how things are going to work out, especially after what I've done, but I'm going to trust in you, to rely only on you, and no longer on others, no longer on myself. It's hard, and it may get tiring, but help me Lord not to resist you anymore, and grant me your strength when mine is gone. For your strength is perfect. I really don't know how this week will turn out to be, but I ask for your guidance. Remove my fears Lord, and help me bear the consequences of my actions, whilst relying on you. I praise you Lord, for you are the constant that never changes and is always faithful, even when i'm not.
No one said the journey was easy... but it's never a feat too impossible to overcome, the right way.
No comments:
Post a Comment