Bless the Broken Road - Rascal Flatts

Was listening to this song as I was travelling today. It reminded me of how I made it my response to my Lover some time back. As it was to me then, it is my heart's song/cry/message once again. So I searched it in my blog, and sing it, meaning what this song mean to me below, in 2010.

Lead me back straight to You my Lover, I pray. I don't want to wander about any more. Bring me back to Your arms and help me stop searching and yearning anymore.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO PLAY THE SONG AND LISTEN TO IT AS YOU READ THE BOTTOM.. TAT WAY YOU'LL THEN GRASP IT. (click the youtube link for music.. listen and read wat this song means to me, if you're interested.)



I've set out on the narrow way, the straight and narrow way (Matthew 7:14), since young. And for long, i hope to find true love, along the broken road of my life. But sometimes i got lost, and went off the road, straying from Your love and your way. But I kept pushing through life and the challenges they throw at me. I could not see how everything, were signs that were pointing to You, to Your love, to Your grace, to Your strength, to Your embrace...

Every long lost dream I have, every disappointments I faced, led me to where You are, seeking Your comfort and Your presence. Others who broke my heart - the friends i've lost, the heartaches I went through, the crushes I had, the emotions i've invested, the hurts I incurred from my loved ones - they were like northern stars; for they pointed me on my way, into Your loving arms, as many a times I cry to you in tears and prayers. This much I know is very true, that God bless the broken road of my life, the setbacks, disappointments, failures, the ups & downs, and pointed me straight to You, my Lover, my Yeshua.

I think back about the years I've spent, especially the past 2 years in JC, just passing through, just trying to breeze through and get it over with, living for the sake of living, without a sense of purpose and joy. Now, looking back, I wished i could turn time back and live that two years I wasted for You, to give it to You. But You just smiled and take my hand, reassuring me that it is alright; You've been through hardships before some 2000years ago, and You understand the trials I went through. You reassure me telling me that, "It’s all part of a grander plan that is coming true…”

Every long lost dream I have, every disappointments I faced, led me to where You are, seeking Your comfort and Your presence. Others who broke my heart - the friends i've lost, the heartaches I went through, the crushes I had, the emotions i've invested, the hurts I incurred from my loved ones - they were like northern stars; for they pointed me on my way, into Your loving arms, as many a times I cry to You in tears and prayers. This much I know is very true, that God bless the broken road of my life, the setbacks, disappointments, failures, the ups & downs, and pointed me straight to You, my Lover, my Yeshua.

Now, I’m just rolling home, having found my sense of worth and direction again, into my Lover’s arms, Your arms of love. This much I know is true, that God has indeed blessed the broken road of my life, my brokenness, my failures and inadequacies, and the different setbacks and situations of my life, and in every valley of my life, lead me back, back straight to You, to Your love where I belong.

-- posted on blog 24th Feb 2010 --

No comments: