Music is Powerful!

Today, we had a special and interesting time during Chapel service (in school). We had a pastor from Cambodia (i think) to share with us through Music, with his classical guitar and his harp.

It was an experience! Firstly, he plays the guitar incredibly and, knowing how to play the harp is not easy as the harp has many strings and is one of the hardest musical instruments to be played. I really take my hat off to him! He is such a professional! He even plays for important people, like presidents, kings, queens (if i remember correctly), etc. It is no wonder though. Those who have heard his playing would understand why I said that.

He started by playing the guitar, a normal classical guitar. But when he plays it, it sounds like several instruments are playing alongside with him. In some of his songs, you can hear the rhythm of drums along with the melody. He really uses all 10 of his fingers. Even his left hand can play a melody by its own. His right hand: his thumb would play the rhythm, while the other 4 fingers would be busy playing the melody. It really seems so impossible to play the way he did, and to produce such lovely music from a guitar. The sounds also seem to change as he played different songs for us.

The Harp! The music of the harp is definitely lovely and pleasing to the ears (for the benefit of those who never heard a harpist playing). I just cannot describe it, sorry. It is just so beautiful by itself, so soothing, helps you to relax. It was heavenly! I cannot imagine what it would be like in heaven where all the angels will be playing all the beautiful music to the Lord.

What is more, he has his own albums and is selling them, I wish I can purchase them. This week's Chapel service, we spent the whole time listening to the pastor with his wonderful and beautiful music, worship unto the Lord. As I listen to his playing, and think and focus on the Lord, I feel God's presence so evident. I was ministered through the music, and there was not even singing, but just plain classical music of christian hymns.

He started playing the guitar at 4 years old, and acknowledges music as his talent given by the Lord. He shared with us that we should not hide our talent, but to share it with others. So, using the talent God gave him, he shares it with others, people he do not know and even people from other countries, and use it for the Lord's glory.

No comments: