Has been a long time since I last posted. Becoz I'm kinda busy the last few weeks though it's the hols... and sometimes just lazy to post. Anyway last week, I was away... to JAPAN!!! Miyazaki.
It was sooooooooooo soooooooo FUN!!! It was GREAT!!! We had homestay where we stayed with a Japanese family. They were So So Great, and Nice. Very hospitable. They made me feel so at home, like I was part of their family. I miss them. They gave me a wonderful experience and memories and they gave me a wonderful impression of what Japanese people are. Warm, loving, caring, hospitable...
Anyway it was a good experience... though I was very sad to miss youth camp, which my sis reported that it was amazing, the best camp ever had... and in my heart I knew it! Oh well, one cannot be too greedy. Can't have the best of both worlds. =( (=
When I am in Japan... I was thinking/missing my family, church, youth camp, my doggy, etc. Now that I am back in Singapore, I am thinking/missing Japan, my host family, the snow, etc. Sigh. I love Japan... and I love Singapore. When I went to other countries, I haven't had this feelings before. I hope to continue to maintain contact with my host in Japan. Then, I'll have my very first penpal. Hurray!!! I always wanted a penpal.
To those who had been praying for me... I really want to express my thanks. We had a good time there. We did encounter problems and complications, but everything was settled by the grace of God.
A Testimony...or 2 ...
When we were at Ocean Dome (for swimming) my friend encountered a problem. She didnt really understand how their lockers work and therefore we had a complication. She ended up wasting 400yen, without getting the locker to work(locking the locker). So she was very upset because losing 400yen is about $5-$6 Sin. And she still need to rent a locker to lock her stuff. She got hold of a staff but she couldnt understand english nor what was going on. But Thank God... he delivers. My friend was crying a little already that her money had gone down the drain. So, I decided to do sometime... and God delivered to us a Japanese nurse who knows how to speak english. At first it seemed that the staff refused to budge. But in the end, she refunded my friend. Praise the Lord!
The next day, someone reported wallet containing a few hundred Sin$ lost. Woh! By the grace of God it reappeared in one of her many pockets.
Same day... another reported lost of quite a sum of money. Our principal said we should help each other and asked if we would spare some of our money and she would account a dollar for a dollar. Guess she got back more than she lost.
God has indeed been great to us. He has taught me so much in various ways throughout the short span of 7 days in Japan. Lessons taught by the people there, by the situations and circumstances, by my principal (a woman after God's heart), etc.
Life in Japan has been great and memorable and may all glory be unto the Lord for giving us the priveledges, the wonderful time, and keeping all of us safe.
Amen!
No comments:
Post a Comment